Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In our 80th episode, we are still down a Jen – THANKS ALLERGENS – yet we persevere with our promise to switch to a weekly format/schedule. After some soundboard-on-a-mobile-phone shenanigans we get down to business and talk about what we’ve been up to: Lanntonio finally has some rank 25+ gems, Nevik FINALLY slaughtered some cows, and Breja has already surpassed paragon 100 with his hardcore seasonal puke doctor!
On April 25th at 11:56 NST a 7.8 magnitude earthquake occurred 34 km (21 mi) east-southeast of Lamjung, Nepal. The devastation has been widespread and the death toll keeps climbing. Our thoughts are with the people of Nepal affected by the initial quake and continuing subsequent after-shocks. Numerous non-profit organizations have mobilized and arrived in Nepal, but they need your help. If you can help go to bit.ly/paypalnepalrelief which links directly to Paypal’s Nepal Earthquake Relief and Recovery Donation site. 100% of all donations will be directly sent to each respective organization with Paypal waiving all corresponding fees so that every cent donated is delivered to each non-profit organizations helping in the relief effort. Again, if you can, please help.
In this episode:
* As mentioned in episode 79 we had to push all the emails we received from our wonderful listeners due to time constraints. Then we received even more, and as you might have guessed, we had to push those emails to episode 81. Listener participation has been absolutely amazing and is primarily why we do this show, so keep them coming! We WILL get to all the emails we receive, even if occasionally we have to push a few to the next episode. Send in your stories of RNGesus triumph to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a bunch of tweets (as you might) from @Torrack1714, @Nogumebearsteve, @grindexp, @scanline75, @Shepherd_Sieja, @Kagerai_Leblue, @Hawgeye_CTR, @Kherova, and @sastewart111. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We posed the question on Twitter soliciting your opinions on ancient weapons. Love them? Hate them? We wanted to know. Be sure to follow the show on Twitter to participate in future Questions of the Show.
* Alkaizer put together some ideas and suggestions for the future of Diablo III and we discuss a few of the ideas he shared as well as a few of our own. Do you have something you would love to see in Diablo III? Let us know!
* For two shows in a row our beloved segment, Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater, makes another appearance. BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* If you were lucky enough to score tickets to Blizzcon and have nothing to do the Thursday night before the con, we have an idea for you. Con Before the Storm (formerly known in years past as World of Podcasts) is running a Kickstarter campaign to make this amazing event EVEN BIGGER THAN LAST YEAR … if that’s even possible ^^;
* Blizzard Watch lore master Matthew Rossi is back at again with another Diablo-themed Know Your Lore (Tinfoil Hat Edition) focusing on the potential storyline of what we might see in a second expansion for Diablo III.
* Popular Diablo III Twitch streamer DatModz, for funsies, leveled a fresh monk from 1 to 70 in ~66 seconds. Why? Why not? It was for fun.
* Wizards are in a really good place right now thanks to the changes to the Tal Rasha’s set and our good friend – and wizard extraordinaire – Jaetch put together a video guide of a “Melee” Tal Rasha Wizard build. It looks like a lot of fun!
* Blizzfront is an amazing and useful Blizzard news curator that is extremely mobile friendly. Bookmark it on your smart phones to keep up-to-date on all of the Blizzard goings-ons while on the go!
* T. Mac has another take on the GOD MODE MONK with his GOD MODE wizard video guide. As with other “god mode” builds, this one centers on having an In-Geom. It’s an amazing sword (so as long as it rolls at least 9 seconds).
* Finally, we leave you with this, a HC 4 player Greater Rift 60 clear. YUP. GR60. HARCCORE. Power creep *IS* real ^^;
* While some of the hosts may not be fans of the Halo series, at least Nevik is. Not only does Nevik love the games, but he also enjoys the expanded universe and lore of Microsoft’s Halo series. Unfortunately the movie, Halo: Nightfall, was a big bag of MEH. If you’re a diehard Halo-fan, you may enjoy this … but you can skip it, if you want.
Song of the Show:
Our other beloved segment makes its triumphant return and what better way to celebrate its return than by featuring the latest sick lyrics from our good friend Melkor(ious). Melkor is back with Forum Warriors: State of the Union and as always is an impressive display of lyrical dexterity. Check out more of Melkor’s work over at his YouTube channel.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.