Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, we are once again without our 4th Musketeer, Lanntonio, on account of a terrible work schedule. After some riveting FOOTBALL TALK we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Jen has been dreaming about Diablo, Breja is running for his life with his demon hunter, and Nevik went on an adventure with Diablo 3 for the Xbox 360.
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, a trio of emails we received from our wonderful listeners. This batch comes to us from Doug, Tensor, and Rilandune. Thank you for the emails! Keep them coming, really!
* We received tweets from @CkRtech, @hpbotha, @Jaetch, @9PadGaming, @grindexp (formerly @DrJDredScythe), @HomeTownHero008, and @NeoLee2111. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We posed a question on Twitter asking what are you doing to prepare for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Be sure to follow our show account, @ShatteredStone, on Twitter for future Questions of the Show.
* While Lanntonio wasn’t able to be with us to discuss his own experiences with the PS3 version of Diablo III, Nevik did share his thoughts and experiences with the Xbox 360 version. There are some definite differences between the console and PC versions and here’s a thread that details all of them.
* While discussing the changes to how loot drops and is handled in the console version, Nevik makes mention of Zwuckel’s (a Twitch.tv steamer) gear progression after approximately 70 hours of play. This prompts a discussion where we briefly explore the ramifications of getting the carrot sooner than later. What do you think? Let us know your thoughts on the potential changes in the whole loot chase coming with Loot 2.0 by shooting us an email.
* We put together a second installment of our newest segment to the show, Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater, featuring the reenactment of a humorous forum post on the Official Diablo III forums. We are hoping that this new segment inspires some of our listeners to record themselves reenacting some gems from the forums that they find. If this strikes your fancy, send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
This episode’s Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater segment bed music included Rondeau from Sinfonie de Fanfares by Jean-Joseph Mouret and I’m in Love (with Arthur Dove) by Portastatic.
Links for you to Visit:
* Designs by Humans Diablo t-shirt contest still has a few days left for you to vote for you favorite designs that you want to see t-shirt-ified (is that even a thing?). There are some absolutely INCREDIBLE designs up there, so be sure to head on over and vote for your favorites!
* Lord Bacon (@hpbotha) shared with us a blog about what he’s doing to prepare for Reaper of Souls. Be sure to check out what he’s doing as well as his Diablo exploits in general on his blog, Clan Bacon.
* BlizzPlanet was another site that was fortunate enough to sit down with Josh Mosquiera and Kevin Martens at last month’s Gamescom. The audio is a bit rough, but thankfully DiabloFans put together a summation of the points covered in the interview.
* What episode wouldn’t be complete without Nevik sharing SOMETHING wizard-related? Not wanting to sit on his laurels, Nevik mentions a build of Fire and Ice put together by the Holy Hermit. His voice is very soothing. So be soothed by his dulcet peaceful tones.
Song of the Show:
We’re back with another Song of the Show of the electronic-variety with Refraktion’s Final Boss. There’s a mild amount of WUBWUBWUB but not enough to put you off if you’re not a fan of dubstep. Be sure to check out more from Refraktion on SoundCloud as well as Facebook.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.