Episode 83 – Neinball, Corner PocketPosted: May 21, 2015
Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In our 83rd episode, we brought on Neinball from the Westmarch Workshop as we were once again down a Jen. After a rocky pre-show due to some technical difficulties we get down to business and talk about what we’ve been up to: Neinball has been Demon Huntering, Nevik has been IRL’ng, Breja has been RIP’ng, and Lanntonio has been GR’ng.
On April 25th at 11:56 NST a 7.8 magnitude earthquake occurred 34 km (21 mi) east-southeast of Lamjung, Nepal. The devastation has been widespread and the death toll keeps climbing. Our thoughts are with the people of Nepal affected by the initial quake and continuing subsequent after-shocks. Numerous non-profit organizations have mobilized and arrived in Nepal, but they need your help. If you can help go to bit.ly/paypalnepalrelief which links directly to Paypal’s Nepal Earthquake Relief and Recovery Donation site. 100% of all donations will be directly sent to each respective organization with Paypal waiving all corresponding fees so that every cent donated is delivered to each non-profit organizations helping in the relief effort. Again, if you can, please help.
In this episode:
* We finally caught up with our backlog of emails in episode 82 and received a solitary voice-mail from our frequent EU contributer, Kherova. Listener participation has been absolutely amazing and is primarily why we do this show, so keep them coming! We WILL get to all the emails we receive, even if occasionally we have to push a few to the next episode. Send in your stories of RNGesus triumph to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a bunch of tweets (as you might) from @sastewart111, @scanline75, @Kherova, @TheMerlen, @GrandNagus1, @PaidtoKill5440, @Cybrwolf0, @HomeTownHero008, @Squirrelfreak83, @Kagerai_Leblue, and our own @QueenofHaiku. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* Due to our lack of timeliness we carried over the question on Twitter from episode 82 asking what your gaming guilty pleasures are. Be sure to follow the show on Twitter to participate in future Questions of the Show.
* Last episode we mentioned Nobbie’s series of Diablo III Expansion #2 speculation blog posts (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) but shelved the discussion until this episode. This may, or may not, have been also partially related to having fellow Diablo lore-nut Neinball on the show to join us for the discussion. What could a second expansion hold? Only time will tell.
* Increased stash space is a common request from the community at large, and it’s here … sort of. Appears that recently the ability to buy more stash tabs with premium in-game currency has gone live on the Chinese F2P Diablo III servers. We share our thoughts on this development and whether or not we would support such a feature in our region.
* What are you doing May 26th, 2015? Diablo II: Lord of Destruction will be having yet another ladder reset and most of the hosts are planning on participating; will you?
* For Diablo III’s 3rd Anniversary there’s a Cowspiracy going around. Reports of angry bipedal bovine are coming in. Have you HERD any of these rumors? Surely there must be some MOOSTEAK. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* Blizzard in conjunction with Thinkgeek are holding a BREAK THE BANK giveaway where you can win one of ten Treasure Goblin money banks. They look amazing and you still have some time to enter before the May 25th deadline.
* Play Your Way Thursday is back with Sir Boneselot’s “You Can’t Run” puke doctor build. We can only imagine the level of giggling that must have come out Nevalistis’ general vicinity while putting this together.
* Friend of the show, Jaetch, recorded his wizard’s POV when him and 3 others successfully cleared a Greater Rift 70 to obtain the #1 spot on the Era 3 4 Player Leaderboards. Well done sir, well done.
* If you’re wondering how far a wizard can push things in greater rifts solo, Reiko Zockt answers your question with his GR59 clear. He’s also successfully cleared a GR60, but that video has not yet been made available.
* Heroes of the Storm is now in OPEN BETA meaning YOU, yes YOU, can finally play if you never stumbled into a beta key. If you’re jonesing for some PVP action that slightly resembles the long lost Diablo III arena PVP demoed at past Blizzcons, then Heroes might be right up your alley. While downloading the client, why not check out and listen to a few Heroes-focused podcasts out there: Into the Nexus, Stormcast, Heart of the Storm ‘Cast, Heroes PowerHour, and if those aren’t enough to satiate your Heroes podcast appetite, Realm Maintenance has a directory where you can find even more.
Song of the Show:
For the first time ever we are featuring our first foreign language song of the show. Diablo 1, 2, et 3 French Rap by Hightouch has a catchy beat and lyrics to match … though we’re not quite sure what exactly those lyrics are saying, well maybe Breja knows ^^;; You can find more from Hightouch over at Soundcloud.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.