Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In our 78th episode, we are unfortunately down a Jen once more. THANKS ALLERGENS. After an extremely brief introduction we get straight down to business by discussing BREAKING Diablo news and what we’ve been up to: Breja is closing in on seasonal paragon 100, Lanntonio got his witch doctor to the T6 promised land, and Nevik lost his wizard.
In this episode:
* We received a bundle of emails from Shayds and Kherova! We love to hear stories of triumph or tragedy from our listeners, so send in yours to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a metric ton of tweets from @Kherova, @TheQuadler, @BrentDoomfield, @scanline75, @Shepherd_Sieja, @TheInedibleF, @eG_acefisher1, @grindexp, @TheWMWorkshop, @RhoWoW, @shawno, @Gizmozord, @PansFolley, @Skipfridgy, @CruentusRelic, and @Kagerai_Leblue. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We posed the question on Twitter that was quickly invalidated by some late breaking news from Blizzard. Yet it was interesting to see just how far off all of us were for predicting the end of Season 2, when Patch 2.2 would deploy, and finally when Season 3 would start. Be sure to follow the show on Twitter to participate in future Questions of the Show.
* Hours before recording this show, Blizzard decided to finalize and announce their plans for Patch 2.2 and when Season 2 would end and Season 3 would start. Needless to say we were shocked with how soon everything was going to happen. What are your thoughts? Too soon? Not soon enough? Just right? Let us know by sending an email to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
* BUT WAIT, SOMETHING ELSE AMAZING HAPPENED! Shattered Soulstone clan member Electryon dropped a little suggestion that BLEW Nevik’s mind. We have Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Treasure Goblin Spooker and soon to be added is The Corrupted Ashbringer and we can probably safely assume to see Frostmourne in the future, but what about the Warglaives of Azzinoth? Melee Demon Hunter anyone? LET’S MAKE THIS A REAL THING!
* Oh yah, and Blizzcon 2015 was announced. No big deal, right? Okay, we’re just being silly. If you’re looking to attend the convention this year, be sure to check out Blizzard’s official tips for securing tickets. Are you planning on being in Anaheim in early November?
* It is with heavy hearts that we regret to inform you that we did not produce an Official Forum Thread Masterpiece theater (again) for this episode. Not to pull a guilt trip, but YOU have the power to not let this happen again! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* The results are in! Here are your Blizzard Stream Awards 2014 (powered by Twitch.tv). Congratulations to DatModz for winning Best Overall Diablo III streamer, Alkaizerx for winning Most Educational Diablo III streamer, and Quin69 for winning Favorite New Diablo III streamer awards!
* Feeling a bit saucy? Need to spice up your Diablo III gameplay? Davlok has you covered with his Gong Mode: Sriracha Edition Monk featured on the most recent Play Your Way Thursday feature. We’re sure it will heat things up!
* We realize that not every one favors the best class in the game, but fear not – good friend of the show and fellow Diablo podcaster Leviathan of Blizzpro and The Westmarch Workshop fame experimented with the changes to the barbarian on the Patch 2.2 PTR and found an amazing build he has coined as the Rock n’ Roll barbarian. Check out his videos where he goes over the build and then demonstrates how the build works in a GR50 … ROCKIN!
* Patch 2.2 is going to shake up the Legendary Ring meta quite a bit and Diablo.IncGamers recently published a guest article going over in detail how the ring meta is going to change.
* If you have been a long time listener of the show the name Matthew Rossi should be quite familiar. In fact we mentioned him last week, and he’s back again with another Diablo-flavored Know Your Lore article over at Blizzard Watch going over the first part of the History of the Nephalem. If you’re even remotely interested in fleshing out some of the lore bits of the game, be sure to check this article (and all of his future articles) out!
* Up until Nevik realized a distinct lack of monk representation he was all in favor of a cyberpunk Diablo. Check out the Fan Art Collection compiled over at Diablo.IncGamers featuring some of the amazing pieces of mash-up fan art.
* Finally, are you a transmog fanatic? Have you come up with a slick look for your character(s)? Be sure to submit your transmog ideas to Blizzpro’s newest Diablo feature: Transmog Tuesday.
* We are all fans of AMC’s The Walking Dead and if you’re a fan too, you should head on over and give the Dead Fans Talking podcast a listen.
* Disappointed by the latest edition to SimCity? You’re not alone and the folks over at Paradox Interactive put together a fantastic game – Cities: Skylines – that should satisfy event he most discerning SimCity fan.
* Finally we leave you with a game that Nevik has already crowned his Game of the Year for 2015. Ori and the Blind Forest by Moon Studios is simply stunning, from the fluid gameplay, to the gorgeous artistic aesthetic and moving plot line you’re sure to fall in love, especially if you’re a fan of Metroidvania-style games.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | RSS