Episode 77 – Full PartyPosted: March 10, 2015
Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In our 77th episode, we are back up to full strength … in numbers. After discussing all of the pharmaceuticals we all are on we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to: Breja has been here, there, and everywhere, Jen has been slowly leveling their seasonal hardcore Demon Hunter, Lanntonio managed to slip some puking in, in between games of Hearthstone, and Nevik continues to pursue the perfect greater rift to climb the leaderboards.
In this episode:
* We received a pair of emails from listener Adam! We love to hear stories of triumph or tragedy from our listeners, so send in yours to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a metric ton of tweets from @Kagerai_Leblue, @TheMarkShelton, @Kherova, @EvilPlanetCrew, @sastewart0111, @HomeTownHero008, @GrandNagus1, @LeniSirz, @CruentusRelic, @Daddy_Puffin, and @Shephard_Sieja. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* Hot on the heels of Patch 2.2 PTR, game designer John Yang informed us on Twitter that the old Chocolate class sets would be receiving a 7th item to help add some flexibility in gearing for their set bonuses.
* Microtransactions are coming, but not for the NA/EU regions. We share our thoughts and opinions on this development and they may or may not surprise you! What are your thoughts and opinions on microtransactions in Diablo III? Send an email to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com and let us know!
* It is with heavy hearts that we regret to inform you that we did not produce an Official Forum Thread Masterpiece theater (again) for this episode. Not to pull a guilt trip, but YOU have the power to not let this happen again! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* If you’re looking for even more impressions from the Patch 2.2 PTR be sure to check out Rhykker’s video highlighting his initial impressions.
* Jen had a lot of fun with her pet barbarian during season 1 and with the changes coming to the Immortal Kings set in patch 2.2 it will be viable for high level greater rifts. Check out Meathead Mikhail’s video showing just how viable it will be at GR40+.
* Finally we leave you with some Vizjerei Clan shenanigans from the Patch 2.2 PTR. (Note: the frame rate performance issues highlighted in this video were addressed in a small patch deployed to the PTR late last week)
Song of the Show:
Unfortunately Nevik has been devoting almost every waking moment to grinding away in Season Two and forgot to find something to treat your ears to. Fret not! Our next episode will almost assuredly (for really reals this time!) have a musical selection at the end of the show. Until then, enjoy some sweet chords by guitarist Jonas Lefvert.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.