In this episode, Jen is joined by two guests who have been on Shattered Soulstone before: Medros and Shawn. The three of us talked about the changes that have been made to Shattered Soulstone.
This episode was recorded on January 14, 2021, while the changes were in progress. The plan was to post this episode as soon as some of the changes had been put in place.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.
In this episode, Jen brings in a special guest who is a big part of the Shattered Soulstone podcast. Shawn is the editor of Shattered Soulstone who ensures that our podcast sounds good. We discuss the “behind the scenes” of podcasting and point out what happens between when the hosts hit the record button and you hit the play button.
We also reviewed what we have been up to in Diablo III. The two of us have been playing the game together until one of our characters died.
In this episode:
Got something to say? Tweet @ShatteredStone and we will read and respond to your tweet in our next episode.
* We didn’t get any emails this time. You can send your thoughts, questions, comments, and stories about what you have been up to in Diablo III to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to read it and share our thoughts about it in our next episode.
Links for you to Visit:
* Turret posted “Patch 2.4.2 PTR Patch Notes”. It is preliminary PTR patch notes. It isn’t the final version and some changes may still be made to it.
* Nevalistis posted “Patch 2.4.2 PTR Now Available”. This helpful post walks you through how to participate in the PTR and how to copy a character over to it.
* Nevalistis posted that “Play Your Way Returns June 23!” It will occur every other Thursday. Did you create a fun build that you want to show off? Submit it to “Play Your Way”.
* Nevalistis posted a Forum Post called “The Future of Firebird’s Finery”. In short, they aren’t done working on changes to it yet. You can add your thoughts about it to the PTR Feedback Forum.
* Nevalistis responds to a Forum Post titled “Location of Kahara (Fallen) Pennant?”. In short, the Diablo team is aware that the pennant is too rare and are intending to slightly increase its drop rate. Doing so requires a patch.
* PC Gamer posted an article called “Diablo 3 patch 2.4.2 will add new difficulty levels”. To quote the article “Torment gets tormentier, plus Demon Hunter gets big tweaks.”
* Jay Wilson tweeted that he is leaving Blizzard and the games industry.
Sad to say after 10 of the best years of my life this will be my last week at Blizzard, and in the games industry.
— Jay Wilson (@Angryrobotics) June 6, 2016
- Email the show, Jen, or Breja
- Twitters: Show, Jen, Lanntonio and Breja
- Check out the show’s Facebook fan page
Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In our 86th episode, we welcome back Jen and Lanntonio and even bring on the man who makes us all sound good, Shawno. After sounding like a bunch of old people we get down to business and talk about what we’ve been up to: Lanntonio had a blast leveling up a Demon Hunter, Jen continued to chase the seasonal rewards, and Nevik leveled a ton of gems.
In this episode:
* We have launched a Patreon campaign to make it easy for our listeners to keep this show running at the quality level and frequency that you, our beloved listeners, have come to expect. Help support the show!
* We read and respond to a solitary email from frequent contributor Funktropus. Listener participation has been absolutely amazing and is primarily why we do this show, so keep them coming! We WILL get to all the emails we receive, even if occasionally we have to push a few to the next episode. Send in your stories of RNGesus triumph to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a more moderate amount of tweets from @CkRtech, @scanline75, @Cybrwolf0, @JeremyTStevens, @Kherova, @BryzeeD3, and @josukeshair. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* With the recent release of Heroes of the Storm we posed the question on Twitter to find out what character(s) from the Diablo universe our listeners are hoping to see in Heroes. Be sure to follow the show account, @ShatteredStone, on Twitter for future Questions of the Show.
* WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* Our very own Nevik was a guest host over episode 53 of the Westmarch Workshop. Amazingly enough Nevik and Neinball were able to fill out two hours (and then some including pre/post) with barely a shred of Diablo news. This episode also marked the last time Leviathan’s Twitch and YouTube channels were used for the live show. Going forward you can catch the latest on Blizzpro’s Twitch channel for the live shows and their YouTube channel for the VODs.
* If you’re wondering what happened to Diablo.IncGamers they have (again) ventured out in to the independent fan-site landscape with their former parent site being absorbed into another. You can find all of your Flux-e-goodness at Diabloii.net once more.
* Normally we would share Heroes news/links in our Other Entertainment/Games section, but with the announcement of Heroes of the Storm: Eternal Conflict and the focus on the Diablo universe it’s only fitting to treat it as “almost Diablo news”. Right?
* Samuel L Jackson. Anything else need be said? ^^;;; Okay, okay. Kingsman got the thumbs up from Lanntonio and Nevik is eagerly waiting for it to be digitally rentable (note: it is now!).
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Jen, one of the “co-joeys” of the Shattered Soulstone podcast, and Shawn, the amazingly talented editor of the Shattered Soulstone podcast, decided to make an audio recording of their experiences when Diablo III first launched. Like many of you, we were not expecting what followed.
It was frustratingly difficult to attempt, over and over again, to log into the game.
We saw a whole lot of this:
…over and over again…
It was getting ridiculous!
At times, we were certain that we would not be able to get into the game at all on launch night. This was both disappointing and aggravating!
Eventually, though, with enough determination, both of us were lucky enough to be able to actually play Diablo III.
In addition to being frustrated, Jen and Shawn talked about the new errors that popped up, and included a running commentary of what other people on the internet were saying about launch night. Stay a while… and listen… (and laugh).