Show notes originally posted by Nevik
Sometimes it is amazingly funny how Murphy’s law works. You’ll be recording a show and mention numerous times how you’re waiting on a certain piece of information only to have said information dropped on your lap after wrapping. Yes folks, we are of course referring to the deluge of Patch 1.0.7 information that emerged minutes after concluding our recording session of episode 32.
Not wanting to wait until our next episode to discuss all the gooey nuggets of patch 1.0.7 we decided that the best course of action would be to invite you, our dear listeners, to join us for our very first community round table … and it was a fantastic success!
Joining us for this round table was Chris (@CkRTech) from Armchair Arcade, Jesse (@theRealJFrench) aka Saintly Demon, Rho (@RhoWoW) from All Things Azeroth and Realm Maintenance, and fellow altoholic Smokimus (@Smokimus).
Listen on as we discuss the larger nuances of Patch 1.0.7, Jay Wilson’s departure from the Diablo 3 development team, what we feel is missing from the patch, and how always amazing Maghda was as a butterfly witch.
If you couldn’t make it to our first community round table fret not, there will be more round tables in the future. In fact we’d wager a bet that you can expect a round table for each substantial patch going forward. So go download Mumble to join in on the fun with us. Uber runs are soo much more fun when Death Watch Mantles inexplicably drop throughout the night.
Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, our beloved 4th Musketeer triumphantly returns to rejoin the crew. After much rejoicing the crew gets down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Lanntonio has been busily shaking, Breja battled his altoholicism, Jen SMASHED Belial in the face (with the help of some friends 😉 ) and Nevik puked all over the place!
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, another mountain of email we received from our wonderful listeners. This batch comes to us from Commander Bird, Chad and Naer! Thank you for the many emails! Keep them coming!
* We received tweets from @TheRealJFrench, @ElSalvajeFalkas, and @Rilandune! Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We recorded episode 32 prior to the release of the Patch 1.0.7 preview blog which went live minutes after we wrapped. Yes, those Blizzard folk are tricksies! We’ll be sure to cover the details that caught our eye on our next episode.
* Nevik and Lanntonio set a friendly wager over the Niners vs. Packers NFC Divisional game. Listen to see who put their bet on which team and what was at stake!
Links for you to Visit:
* Sibcoe is back along with several guest hosts to continue their discussion about where Diablo 3 is today and where they would like to see it head. Check out Red Team Gaming‘s on-going youtube series: State of the Game: Diablo 3 — Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, and Part 12.
* If you’re a fan of the monk, you may be interested in a technique known as Sweeping Wind Snapshot. What is it? And how to do you use it? Check out this Monk Snapshot guide found on Reddit (/r/Diablo) to get all the little details. Be forewarned though, this is most likely a bug that will be fixed in the future.
* Our good friend Commander Bird included a link to Ten Ton Hammer’s article in response to the infamous PVP Update Blog. Go check it out!
* Breja mentioned the BFF Report ep128 in which Mike B. (aka Fony) covered his Top 5 Most Controversial Games of 2012. Diablo 3 made his list, check out to see where our beloved game ended up.
* During our NFL Football tangent, Nevik mentioned our good friend SYLbarefoot’s podcast, Step Your Geek Up. If you’re a fan of just about everything geeky head on over and give a listen.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.