In this episode, I talked about a variety of regulations that are either being appropriately used, or are being ignored by the people in power. I also provide an update on Hellguard: Curse of Caina, two large conferences, unionization efforts, a Diablo Immortal “whale”, updates on Diablo Immortal and Diablo III.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Hellguard: Curse of Caina had a successful Kickstarter (and is at GenCon)
- GenCon posted Convention Health and Safety Information
- TheGamer posted an article titled: “A Better Ubisoft Says None Of Its Demands Have Been Met Over The Past Year”
- Rock Paper Shotgun titled: “Ubisoft employee group say none of their demands have been met”
- @ABetterABK tweeted support for @ABetterUbisoft
- @WeAreGWAAlbany posted a thread about Activision Blizzard fighting against their union
- NME posted an article titled: “‘It’s the year of worker power,” – why unionization in gaming is here to stay
- @tchumanunion (TenderClaws) tweeted they are the 4th video game company in North America with a recognized union.
- NikoPartners posted information titled: “Indonesia Requires Formal Registration Of Tech And Game Companies”
- @ZhugeEX (Daniel Ahmad) tweeted more information about how that will affect unregistered gaming companies
- TheGamer posted an article titled: “Belgium’s Loot Box Ban Has Been “Ineffective”, Remains In 82 Percent of Top Games”
- TheGamer posted an article titled: “How Many Partners Need To Drop Out Of TwitchCon Before The Safety Requirements Come Back?”
- David Brevik (creator of Diablo) answered a question someone asked him on Twitter about sprites
- @Diablo tweeted that Diablo III’s 2.7.4 PTER has come to an end
- Diablo posted news titled: “Diablo III PTR 2.7.4 Has Concluded”
- @Diablo tweeted: “Hunt while you still can. Diablo III Season 26 ends on August 21”
- FilthieRich (Community Manager) posed on the Diablo Forums the date and time Season 26 will close
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Diablo Immortal Player Says He Can’t Get A Match After Spending $100,000 [Update]”
- EUROGAMER posted an article titled: “Diablo Immortal player spends $100k on game, now can’t find anyone suitable to matchmake with UPDATE: Blizzard responds”.
- jtisallbusiness posted a video of himself playing in a Diablo Immortal battleground
- Diablo Immortal posted an article titled: “Diablo Immortal Mini Update: Season Three Battle Pass Begins Soon”
- @DiabloImmortal tweeted: “We’ve Reached 30 Million Installs!”
- @DiabloImmortal tweeted “Season 3 has commenced. Embrace the might of an Aspect of Justice” There is a video that shows what that looks like for each class.
- Lexyu posted a YouTube video titled: “Ray of Frost & Magic Missile Battlegrounds PvP Support Build – Diablo Immortal Wizard”
- @lehmannthiago posted his fan art of the Diablo 2 Paladin
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Shattered Soulstone Pride shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 26 playlist (work in progress)
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal playlist (work in progress)
- Jen’s Lore Corner episodes are now on Shattered Soulstone!
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I rarely stream.)
You can listen to Shattered Soulstone on Bonus Roll Productions – and submit a review there.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to email@example.com.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.