In this episode, I have a mix of things mostly from Activision Blizzard. Also talked about Conferences and COVID-19, Microsoft exclusivity rumors, good news from CODE-CWA, Activision Blizzard union busting (again), Call of Duty plagiarism accusation, Overwatch loot boxes, the WoW Auction House App, The Diablo Podcast, and more!
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Merriam-Webster definition of potpourri
- Jess tweeted about GenCon Indy and COVID-19
- Dr. Neuro (@Neurofourier) – an infectious disease guy – posted a thread about what to do if you tested positive for COVID-19 after GenCon.
- @Twitch tweeted an update to its TwitchCon COVID-19 policy
- Twitch updated their original post about TwitchCon and added in some COVID-19 protections
- Xbox posted that it will be at GamesCom 2022 (in Germany)
- Charlie INTEL posted an article titled: “Microsoft explain why Call of Duty will stay on PlayStation after Xbox exclusivity rumors”
- The Verge posted an article titled: “Microsoft claims Sony pays for ‘blocking rights’ to keep games off Xbox Game Pass”
- @CODE-CWA tweeted that they have cross over 3000 tech, game and digital works in @CWAUnion.
- The Washington Post posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard is using ‘Diablo IV’ to argue against unions”
- Polygon posted an article: “Call of Duty: Warzone’s fluffy dog skin removed after plagiarism accusation”
- Polygon posted an article titled: “Blizzard will stop selling Overwatch loot boxes in August”
- IGN posted an article titled: “Blizzard Reveals When Overwatch 2 Loot Boxes Will End”
- Burning Crusade Classic is consolidating realms
- The Auction House joins the WoW Companion App
- Wowhead posted an article titled: “Scourge Invasion Event Wrath Classic Pre-Patch – Guide Highlight”
- Bloomberg posted an article titled: “Blizzard, NetEase Scrap Warcraft Mobile Game After Financing Dispute”
- The Record posted an article titled: “Judge orders Waterloo business to name customers who doxxed, threatened Bungie employees”
- The Washington Post posted an article titled: “Since lawsuit, Riot Games’ once all-male leadership now over 20 percent women”
- The Diablo Podcast released Episode 1 – Welcome Back
- Diablo Immortal posted “Diablo Immortal Mini Update: Season Three Battle Pass Begins Soon”
- @DiabloImmortal tweeted about features dungeons and bonus items
- Eurogamer posted an article titled: “Blizzard battling Diablo 4 leaks”
- @jasonschreier (reported for Bloomberg) tweeted about the “positive buzz” around Diablo IV alpha test.
- Rhykker posted a YouTube video titled: “Two New Diablo Books Bring Clues – Diablo 4 Release Date Analysis”
- Wowhead posted an article titled: “Class Overviews for Diablo IV – Barbarian, Druid, Sorceress, Rogue, Necromancer”
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Shattered Soulstone Pride shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 26 playlist (work in progress)
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal playlist (work in progress)
- Jen’s Lore Corner episodes are now on Shattered Soulstone!
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I rarely stream.)
You can listen to Shattered Soulstone on Bonus Roll Productions – and submit a review there.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.