In this episode, I keep you up to date about what’s happening with the Blizzard Activision lawsuit. This includes episodes of podcasts that talked about it, news articles reporting on firings, and more.
If you are someone who will feel trauma if you listen to this episode – please skip it.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Azeroth Coast to Coast released episode 148 “An At Will Podcast”
- @ABetterABK turned out to be a Twitter account run by the employees of Activision Blizzard King.
- I wrote an post on my Book of Jen blog titled: “Grieving and a Sense of Betrayal”
- Jason Schreier (Bloomberg) tweeted about Fran Townsend blocking multiple Activision Blizzard Employees and tweeting an article titled “The Problem With Whistleblowing”.
- Girls Gone WoW released show 481 “Where Do We Go From Here?”
- PezRadar (Diablo Community Manager)posted on the Diablo II: Resurrected forum “Nothing is delayed. Beta is still in August”.
- IGN posted an article that included a copy of the ABK Workers Alliance letter regarding their unmet demands.
- Blizzard Entertainment announced J. Allen Brack has “stepped down”; Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra will co-lead.
- Jason Schreier (Bloomberg) tweeted that Blizzard’s head of HR, Jesse Meschuk is no longer at Blizzard.
- The Verge reported more about Jesse Meschuk and what HR was like for Blizzard employees.
- Stephen Totilo (Axios gaming newsletter) tweeted that Fran Townsend remained in her role at Blizzard.
- @Upcomer tweeted Fran Townsend deactivated her Twitter account.
- Scott Johnson is selling t-shirts (and more) if his “No Way Home” art. Money goes to one of three charities.
- Diablo Immortal Development Update
- Wyatt Cheng (Game Director Diablo Immortal) tweeted about open positions
- Holinka (Game Designer at Blizzard) tweeted about open positions
- Westmarch Workshop released episode 215 “We’ve Got Some Things To Talk About”
- The Washington Post posted an article titled: “At Blizzard, groping, free-flowing booze and fear of retaliation tainted ‘magical’ workplace” (Might be behind a paywall soon).
- The Washington Post posted an article titled: “Amid harassment lawsuit, advertisers pull back from Blizzard’s Overwatch League” (Might also be behind a paywall soon).
- Bobby Kotick was elected Direct of the Coca-Cola company in 2012.
- For Azeroth releasede episode 177 “A Brief History of Lies”
- IGN reported that Frances Townsend has stepped down as executive sponsor of the ABK Women’s Network as of two weeks ago.
- @ABetterABK tweeted support for Fran Townsend stepping down as the sponsor of the ABK Women’s Network
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 23 playlist
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I don’t stream very often.)
You can listen to Shattered Soulstone on Warcraft Radio – and submit a review there.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to email@example.com.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.