In this episode I catch you up on the repercussions of the Activision-Blizzard lawsuit. The first lawsuit has spawned additional lawsuits. Shareholders are angry! Some people got fired. But there is still hope for a better future for the workers.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- IGN has a timeline of the Activision Blizzard lawsuit
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard Faces Second Lawsuit Over First Lawsuit”
- @devlore posted a thread regarding the Activision Blizzard shareholders
- Belghast posted a blog titled: “Boycott or Not”
- GroupQuest released Season 6 Episode 22: Some Changes
- MMO Champion reported that the /spit emote has been removed from The Burning Crusade PTR.
- Blizzard Watch posted an article titled: “There’s a difference between feedback and harassment, and sometimes players forget what it is”
- BlizzPlanet posted press releases from five separate lawsuits on behalf of Activision Blizzard shareholders
- Axios posted an article titled: “Exclusive: Activision Blizzard Shareholder calls company response ‘inadequate'”
- @Megan_Nicolett (reporter for Axios) shared screenshots from SOC Activision Blizzard shareholder investment group
- IGN posted an article titled: “Three Senior Blizzard Devs Reportedly No Longer With Company Amid Activision Blizzard Allegations”
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Jesse McCree, Diablo 4 Director No Longer At Activision Blizzard” It included a close up of Lilith making an incredibly angry face.
- @michawhipple tweeted about the Diablo III Art Director and Production Director leaving a month after the game was announced
- @ABetterABK tweeted that it has been two weeks since the walkout and leadership hasn’t made changes
- @Jon Spector (Overwatch League VP at Blizzard) corrected misinformation in an article about the League
- @Chosen (currently works for Activision) wrote a thread about what the employees are feeling.
- @Diablo announced the Early Access Open Beta of Diablo II: Resurrected – and the Twitch drops
- @hitstreak tweeted some words of wisdom
- @CallMeQuestifier tweeted about more people leaving Blizzard in the coming weeks
- Blizzard Watch posted an article titled: “It’s been 17 days since Activision Blizzard employees published their demands for change, and management hasn’t acknowledged them”
- RockPaperShotgun posted an article titled: “Apex Legends lead designer fired over old racist and sexist comments”
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard’s QA Department Seems Like a Hellhole” (@ABetterABK retweeted that article)
- @ABetterUbisoft, which tweeted a letter supporting workers of Activision Blizzard and calling for their own management to make changes
- @ABetterUbisoft also tweeted a graphic asking for changes to be made
- Polygon posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard’s contract workers say they’re ‘crushed’ by toxic culture”
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 24 playlist
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I don’t stream very often.)
You can listen to Shattered Soulstone on Warcraft Radio – and submit a review there.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to email@example.com.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.