Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, we are still not at full strength as our 4th Musketeer could not be in attendance on account of work. Nevertheless we press on and get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Jen raining down vengeance on all the demons, Nevik is spinning to win, and Breja had a close encounter of the Nate Kenyon-kind.
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, a mountain of emails we received from our wonderful listeners. This batch came to us from Commander Bird, Foqbupog, and Torrack. Thank you for the emails and voice mail! Keep them coming, really!
* We received a mountain of tweets from @pergosmaster, @scanline75, @grindexp, @Torrack1714, @HomeTownHero008, @Iruga, @JCMonkeyD3, @Rilandune, @Medros, @wombat1974, @obelu5, @Jaetch, @CkRtech, @Cybrwolf0, @shawno, @Foqbupog, and our very own @nevikjames and @The_Breja. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We posed the question on Twitter asking what your favorite part of Patch 2.0.1 has been so far. We got quite a few responses and at least one laundry list (reading comprehension FTW!). Be sure to follow our show account, @ShatteredStone, on Twitter for future Questions of the Show.
* Have you submitted your story for our 100 Word Story Contest yet? Time is running out! Submit your Diablo-themed 100 word stories for a chance to win prizes including Nate Kenyon’s book, Diablo III: Storm of Light, a Shattered Soulstone t-shirt, and a Cute But Deadly figure set autographed by all four hosts of the show! Send your 100 word story to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com with “100 Word Story Contest” in the subject line by 11:59pm PST on March 21st to be considered for the 100 Word Story Contest. How many more times can we fit “100 Word Story” in to this paragraph?
* In case you’ve been living under a rock Patch 2.0.1 was dropped into our laps a month ahead of the expansion. We even held a round table to find out how some folks from the community are enjoying the patch one week in. Now that we’ve had two weeks with the patch, listen to see how the hosts are getting on with it.
* Nate Kenyon recently paid a visit to Breja’s son’s school to talk about being an author and possibly inspire/conscript the next generation of Diablo novelists. As if that wasn’t enough Breja had a chance to sit down privately and chat with him about all sorts of things and even provided us with some signed copies of Diablo III: Storm of Light. Stay tuned to for details on how to obtain one!
* You may have noticed that last episode we did not have an Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater for you. While we can’t always promise that this segment will always make an appearance, we do love a good OFTMPT. As always we are looking for your participation with this fun segment, send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
This episode’s Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater segment bed music included Rondeau from Sinfonie de Fanfares by Jean-Joseph Mouret and Pannonia Boundless by Alexandra Vrebalov.
Links for you to Visit:
If you were not already aware our editor, Shawn, is in-between jobs and could really use some help. If you can spare anything there is a Crowdtilt fund to help make ends meet. We are massively grateful for any help you can send his way. Thank you!
* March 25th is rapidly approaching and the reaping is almost here. Best to be ready by equipping yourself with some amazing IRL Diablo gear.
* Talented comic artist and podcaster Scott Johnson was inspired to pen a comic in tribute to the vitriolic community comments surrounding Diablo III and patch 2.0.1. You can’t just please everyone eh?
* If you love games and food, then you’ll love Kierpanda’s Eat. Game. Live. blog where she puts together game-inspired culinary masterpieces. Be sure to check out her Reaper of Soles (recently featured as an Artisan Showcase on the official Diablo III site) and Parsnips of Reflection dishes!
* We are over a month late in sharing Part 6 of Design a Legendary but better late than never right? This final piece of the Design a Legendary series ties everything up and focuses on the creation of the Shard of Hate and features a Q&A with Aaron Gaines, the artist responsible for the visual creation and representation of the item in-game.
* Who doesn’t love a catchy tune? How about some hip-swaying action? Jaetch decided to lighten the mood with this little Diablo-themed music video. Those hips just don’t lie folks.
Song of the Show:
The Barsternian by Irish geek-metal band Mölten Cöre is a love song to the barbarian. And let’s face it, the barbarian is amazing, really. NO, REALLY. While I haven’t found too much more by this group you can check out their YouTube channel and band member Slainester’s Soundcloud page.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.