Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, we are once again not at full strength as Breja needed to tend to an urgent matter with his mom. Make sure you send your positive energies in the direction of the Boston’sh area. Undeterred we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Lanntonio has been playing his hand at being a virtual card shark, Jen dealt with some invincible worms, and Nevik decided to see what all the fuss was about with the crusader.
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, a solitary email we received from one of our wonderful listeners. This email came in from first-time mailer Dan. Thank you for the email! Keep them coming, really!
* We received tweets from @Foqbupog, @VictorCarlstedt, @Hawgeye_CTR, @JCMonkeyD3, @Rilandune, and @IAmCaptainSocks. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* Have you been keeping your finger on the pulse of the Reaper of Souls beta? If not you may have missed all of the drama regarding (legendary) drop rates. Fortunately for us all Blizzard deployed a hotfix last week to
Jay Wilson DOUBLE the legendary drop rates! Have an opinion on what has been going on with the beta? Shoot an email off to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com and share your thoughts!
* It has been quite some time since our last contest and we’re pleased to announce our 100 Word Story Contest! Submit your Diablo-themed 100 word stories for a chance to win prizes including Nate Kenyon’s book, Diablo III: Storm of Light, a Shattered Soulstone t-shirt, and a Cute But Deadly figure set autographed by all four hosts of the show! Send your 100 word story to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com with “100 Word Story Contest” in the subject line by 11:59pm PST onFebruary 21st to be considered for the 100 Word Story Contest. How many more times can we fit “100 Word Story” in to this paragraph?
* Prompted by listener @Hawgeye_CTR we started thinking about the possibilities of a Blizzcon 2014. We know Mr. Blizzard himself, Mike Morhaime, has stated that we will likely see a Blizzcon this year, but what say you? Do you think Blizzard will have their hands too full to organize a Blizzcon this year? Or if there is a Blizzcon this year, will you be making plans to attend?
* Blizzard’s Design-A-Legendary project is nearing the end with the results of the community chosen power being announced. Now we just need to decide on the name of the thing. What did you vote for? (Or did you even vote?) Are you even happy with what the community has chosen? Let us know!
* If you missed your episodical dose of OFTMPT last episode we come to you with an exceptionally long segment that strays from our tongue-in-cheek norm. Prepare yourselves for a long haul, this episode’s OFTMPT weighs in over thirty-five minutes long. Might we suggest a glass of red, red wine? As always we are looking for your participation with this fun segment, send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
This episode’s Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater segment bed music included Rondeau from Sinfonie de Fanfares by Jean-Joseph Mouret and assorted tracks from the Diablo III soundtrack.
Links for you to Visit:
* Throughout the show (and OFTMPT) there were a few references to a forum post made by Blizzard forum MVP Drothvader about his feelings and concerns that ended up sparking up a lot of discussion about the state of the beta; be sure to check out the post that started it all, A Little Heart to Heart About RoS.
* Guess what folks, there’s a new Diablo III podcast for us all to enjoy. Holy Hermit and crew launched their new endeavor with the first episode of D3 Podcast! (Hopefully Holy Hermit will come up with a catchier name ^^;)
* Inspired by the heated discussion on legendary drop rates our good friend Sibcoe over at Red Team Gaming shared his thoughts on the subject with a quick video titled, Finding Loot Should Be Fun. We couldn’t agree more.
* Getting sick of Spin-to-Win Barbs? Waldemar highlights some of the nuances of a Spear/Boulder barb that you put together in Reaper of Souls.
If charging through enemies is more your cup of tea, then you may want to check out MannerCookie’s “HeisenBarb” which makes liberal use of the barbarian’s Furious Charge. Note: This build’s effectiveness in higher Torment difficulties hinges on having not only the right gear, but amazing gear to boot. YMMV. Welp. Looks like Mr. MannerCookie decided to set his video about his Heisenbarb to being private. Not sure why … oh well. It was pretty straight-forward, but required 5pc Oxen set to truly work at Torment 6.
Song of the Show:
Recently featured as an Artisan Showcase on Blizzard’s official Diablo III site, Savior is the collaboration between musical groups Have No Fear and the Space Bards, both of which performed in Blizzcon 2013’s talent contest. You can hear more from Have No Fear over at Soundcloud and Youtube and find them on Twitter. You can hear more from the Space Bards over at their official website and Youtube as well as find them on Twitter and Facebook.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.