Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, we our once again at full strength even if our 4th Musketeer was a bit tardy. Nevertheless we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Breja is making progress with his stink/puke doctor, Jen managed to fit in a tiny bit of time on her barbarian, Lanntonio was burnt to a crisp, and Nevik has been exclusively monkeying around!
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, a mountain of emails we received from our wonderful listeners. This batch came to us from Foqbupog, Simon, Livintrust, Sad Romeo and our European community ambassador, Master Do! Thank you for the amazing amount of emails! Keep them coming, really!
* We received a mountain of tweets from @Torrack1714, @Torhammer6, @HomeTownHero008, @BurghCrow78, @shawno, @Medros, @Joshcbc, @Kherova, @Moogyver, @Paidtokill5440, @wowjason62606, @Cybrwolf0, @Justin__HB, @Kagerai_Leblue, and @diabloplayer68. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We posed the question on Twitter asking who or what you thought the final encounter would be of a potential second expansion. We got quite a few responses despite the short notice on the question going live. Be sure to follow our show account, @ShatteredStone, on Twitter for future Questions of the Show.
* As promised in our last episode, we decided to finally talk about the ending of Reaper of Souls. We didn’t get quite as much input from our listeners as we would have liked, but that didn’t stop us from wildly speculating on the expansion.
* Seasons are still a hotly debated topic in the community and we kept the dialogue going with one of our listeners. This time focusing more on our own individual reasons for being interested in participating in a season. What about you? Are you looking forward to seasons? Or are you feeling penalized for wanting to focus on your main character? Let us know in an email!
* We are back at it with another Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theatre, and this one is quite a doozy. This time we bring you an OFTMPT to end all OFTMPTs. The end all, be all of all forum threads. No, seriously.
As always we are looking for your participation with this fun segment, send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
This episode’s Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater segment bed music included Rondeau from Sinfonie de Fanfares by Jean-Joseph Mouret and Lost by Pogo.
Links for you to Visit:
* Hot on the heels of our spoilerific Reaper of Souls ending discussion we have a few more links for you to consume to add a bit more flavor to a somewhat bland and/or lacking ending. Matthew Rossi from Wow Insider posted his thoughts on the Reaper of Souls ending and rather than butcher his words we would rather have you read them yourselves. You can also check out his thoughts on the whole of Diablo 3 chocolate as there are still some insights in there on where the story may go.
* In case those links did not satiate your need for Diablo lore, Blizzard recently updated their game guide with an official Story of Diablo that serves as a great primer in case you’re new to the game and/or history of the universe.
* Eat Game Live‘s Reaper of Recipes contest has a winner! If you’re a fan of hake and quinoa you might want to try it out. BUT THOSE TEETH?!? UGH.
* If RNGesus hasn’t been nice to you, you’re not alone but Grimiku chimed in on one of the many, many, MANY conspiracy threads on loot tables and laid the tin foil hat theories to rest, we hope. RNG is RNG and Blizzard has nothing to gain by stealthily adjusting drop rates. Is it enough to sate the crazed forum goers? … well … time will tell?
|I know that it can feel like drop rates are being changed when you have experienced a streak of good or bad luck, but it simply isn’t the case. We gain nothing positive by influencing drop rates without communicating it, and would only lose trust as a result. Simply put, it’s not what we do.
Streaks of bad luck are going to happen, and we all go through them. The danger (and why the thread is locked) lies in the spread of misinformation, which in turn can inspire players to alter their in-game habits in ways that actually have no influence over what items they find.
* We teased that next episode we will sharing tips and tricks on getting in to Torment, but if you can’t wait that long – or are looking to dig your teeth into the nitty and gritty, Vaneras on the European forums put together an exhaustive list of guides on the minutiae of the game.
Song of the Show:
This episode’s Song of the Show brings things back into the realm of Diablo-themed music. The Fallen King by Renard Rose is a hauntingly beautiful piano piece in tribute to the Skeleton King himself. He’s popular eh? Anyhoo, you can check out more from Renard Rose over at YouTube as well as on Facebook.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.