In this episode, Vesper is all by himself – doing his first solo Shattered Soulstone episode. He mentions what he’s been up to outside of Sanctuary, including both real life stuff and the other video games he’s been playing.
* Vesper reviews how the end of Season 8 went for him. Vesper was playing a Monk, so there is a lot of details about Monk builds and skills. Later, Vesper talks about what he decided to do for Season 9 and the reasons for his choices.
* The Question of the Show is: What are some personal big goals that you have for Diablo III?
Let us know by tweeting your answer @ShatteredStone Or, you can send an email to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
* You might be wondering why you haven’t heard Lanntonio on Shattered Soulstone in a while. The reason is a sad one. The apartment that Lanntonio and his family were living in had a fire, and they lost almost everything.
There is a Fire Tragedy Fund GoFundMe set up to help Lanntonio and his family. Please consider donating to it if you can (and/or posting the GoFundMe on social media so others can help, too.)
Not sure what book to get from Audible? Jen recommends The Devouring by Richard Taylor. Jen narrated the book, and Shawn (editor of Shattered Soulstone) edited it.
— Rho (@RhoWoW) December 23, 2016
Links for you to Visit:
* In case you missed it, Season 8 has ended, and Season 9 has started.
* Nevalistis responded to a Forum Post titled “The Facebook Q&A Sucked!
* The video of the Facebook Live Q&A is now on YouTube.
* Nevalistis posted a blog with details about Season 9. It includes a list of the sets that each Class will get from Haedrig’s Gift in Season 9.
* Blizzard Celebrates 20 Years of Diablo with a bunch of new, fun, Diablo related stuff that will appear not only in Diablo but also in other Blizzard games.
* Forum Post: “Why we need to stop complaining about D3”
* Matt Rossi at Blizzard Watch posted a lore article titled: Know Your Lore: The loose ends of the Diablo Story
Show notes originally posted by Nevik
Blizzcon is rapidly approaching with a surprise or two awaiting Diablo fans. There’s also a surprise awaiting our listeners, but you’ll have to listen to discover what that surprise is.
In this episode:
- Our guest host discusses what (s)he has been up to in Diablo 3 with the end of season 7 and the beginning of season 8.
- Blizzcon is almost here and (some) Diablo fans are in a fervor expecting the moon with Diablo-related announcements at the convention. Will there be another expansion? Will Diablo IV be announced? Will we be let down again? A healthy discussion of keeping our expectations measured ensues as well as what could possibly be announced at Blizzcon.
- Our Question of the Show for upcoming episode 129 is: Did Blizzcon 2016 satisfy your expectations? Send your answer via twitter (@ShatteredStone) or in an email to email@example.com.
- We read and responded to tweets from: @Rilandune and @nevikjames. Thanks, guys!
- We received an email from Age sharing a few answers for Jen, their sentiments on set dungeons, and that they have been going back through our back catalog of shows! Thank you for dedication!
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone and we will read it off on the next episode.
Links for you to Visit:
- Blizzcon 2016! It’s Happening! Be sure to check out the official Blizzcon site for the show schedule and floor map.
- Diablo III community manager Nevalistis published an article detailing all of the Diablo-related activities happening at Blizzcon 2016.
- Regardless if you have a Blizzcon ticket or not and happen to be relatively local to Anaheim, California you CAN attend the Blizzard 25th Anniversary and Diablo 20th Anniversary party happening Friday November 4th from 8pm PDT – 10pm PDT in the Grand Plaza directly outside of the Anaheim Convention Center!
- Another Developer Chronicles was published on the official Diablo site this time focusing on the design thoughts regarding Greater Rifts.
- Hot off the presses Blizzard announced the musical act for the closing ceremony of Blizzcon 2016: Weird Al Yankovic!
- Our guest host mentioned a Holy Hammerdin build guide by Diablofans user Angry_Roleplayer that is capable of pushing high level GRs (despite how squishy the hammer build typically feels).