In this episode, I start by mentioning companies that support LGBTQ+ people, a little bit about unionization, and a questionable post from Bobby Kotick. Most of this episode focuses on Diablo Immortal and “pay to win”.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- Electronic Arts tweeted support for Trans Rights, Women’s Rights, and LGBTQ+ communities
- Raven Software tweeted about Lion’s Pride and Gaymer Emblems in Warzone
- Sony tweeted (with partner Immigration Equality) supporting LGBTQ+ immigrants
- Sony tweeted that the global Pride theme is “Transcend”
- Wowhead has a Pride Fundraiser that supports the Trevor Project
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Dragon Age QA Workers Vote Unanimously To Form Labor Union”
- Activision Blizzard posted: “Activision Blizzard To Recognize And Begin Negotiations With CWA”
- A Better ABK tweeted a critique of Activision Blizzard’s push against unionization
- Blizzard posted: “Snatch Up Diablo Immortal Goodies For Your Favorite Games”
- Blizzard posted: “Diablo Immortal Known Issues, Hotfixes, and Patch Notes for PC Open Beta”
- Engadget posted: “‘Diablo Immortal’ is unplayable on some Samsung Exynos chipsets”
- Rod Fergusson (SVP, GM of the Diablo franchise) quote tweeted @DiabloImmortal about Over 10 Million Installs
- GameRant posted: “It Costs $100.00 to Fully Gear-Up in Diablo Immortal”
- VGC News posted: “Maxing out a Diablo Immortal character could reportedly cost ‘up to $110,000′”
- @Neinball tweeted a thread about Diablo Immortal
- GameRant posted: “Streamer Spends Nearly $4,000 on Diablo Immortal and Doesn’t Get Any 5 Star Legendary Gems”
- Echohack posted a YouTube video titled: “I’m Depressed About Diablo Immortal’s Hidden Caps”
- BigDaddyDen posted a YouTube video titled: “Unbiased Review Diablo Immortal”
- @bigdaddyden tweeted that he is done with Diablo Immortal
- @Asmongold tweeted a short clip comparing an Elder Rift with Crests – and without Crests
- Metro posted: “Twitch streamer proves that Diablo Immortal is pay-to-win after banning critics over his big spending”
- CarBot Animations posted a YouTube video titled: “Diablo Immoral”
- Kotaku posted: “Diablo Immortal Is Far Too Good To Be Free”
- @candlesan (Wyatt Cheng, Game Director Diablo Immortal) quote tweeted the Kotaku article
- The European Consumer Organization posted information about loot boxes
- Maxroll posted “Whirlwind Barbarian Solo Guide”
- @Echohack tweeted “This is what peak Crusader looks like:” and posted a video with a glitch
- @KamuiCosplay posted a short video of her cosplay as a Diablo Immortal Barbarian
- @KamuiCosplay posted a short video of her cosplay as a Diablo Immortal Wizard
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Shattered Soulstone Pride shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 26 playlist (work in progress)
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal playlist (work in progress)
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I rarely stream.)
You can listen to Shattered Soulstone on Warcraft Radio – and submit a review there.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to email@example.com.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.