This is not the episode I wanted to do today, but it was the episode that needed to be done. In this one, I focus on the lawsuit against Activision/Blizzard and read parts from it. I also included information from other sources, and my opinions as I went through this.
If you are someone who will feel trauma if you listen to this episode – please skip it.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- The California Department of Fair Employment (DFEH) brought the lawsuit (and are the plaintiff).
- Activision Blizzard, Inc., Blizzard Entertainment Inc., and Activision Publishing Inc. are defendants in the lawsuit.
- Jason Scheier (reporter for Bloomberg) posted a tweet with a copy of an email from Blizzard president J. Allen Brack.
- Jason Scheier (reporter for Bloomberg) posted a tweet with a copy of an email from Activision Blizzard executive Fran Townsend
- PC Gamer posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard executives can’t decide whether allegations of abuse are ‘disturbing’ or ‘meritless'”
- Blizzard Watch posted an article titled: “Lawsuit accuses Blizzard of sexist, toxic corporate culture that mistreated women and ignored abusers”.
- IGN posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard Sued by California Over Allegations of ‘Frat Boy Culture’ And Sexual Harassment”.
- MMORPG.com posted an article titled: “California Files Lawsuit Against Activision Blizzard, Alleging Sexual Harassment, Unequal Pay and ‘Frat Boy’ Culture”.
- BBC News posted an article titled: “California sues Activision Blizzard over alleged harassment”.
- The Verge posted an article titled: “California sues Activision Blizzard over a culture of ‘constant sexual harassment’.
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard Sued by California Over Widespread Harassment of Women”.
- r/wow on Reddit posted a Joint statement from Moderators regarding sexual harassment at Activision Blizzard.
- Girls Gone WoW posted “Statement from Girls Gone WoW”.
- Adam Baxter (Senior Game Producer on Diablo IV team) posted a tweet.
- Terran Gregory (Lead Cinematic Narrative Designer, World of Warcraft) posted a tweet.
- Steve Danuser (Narrative Lead on World of Warcraft) posted a tweet thread.
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 23 playlist
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I don’t stream very often.)
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.