Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In our 85th episode, Nevik holds down the fort with both Jen and Lanntonio out-of-commission and with Breja being in Phoenix, Arizona. Nevik quickly gets down to business and talk about what he’s been up to: lone-wolfing it up as a werewolf in Diablo II and honoring fallen clan-mate’s season 3 HC Demon Hunter by dipping his toes into the world of HC Demon Huntering.
In this episode:
* We read and respond to emails from Ruuak and Rilandune as well as a pair of emails from Funktropus. Listener participation has been absolutely amazing and is primarily why we do this show, so keep them coming! We WILL get to all the emails we receive, even if occasionally we have to push a few to the next episode. Send in your stories of RNGesus triumph to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com!
* We received a bunch of tweets (as you might) from @Kherova, @scanline75, @Kagerai_Leblue, @EYedgar0111, @HomeTownHero008, @Rilandune, @Walkman8, @LtLunatic22, @BryzeeD3, @Shepherd_Sieja, and Papa Kangaroo himself, @Medros. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* With the recent Diablo II: Lord of Destruction ladder reset we were curious if anyone else was planning on taking a trip down Nostalgia Lane. Being as curious as we always are, we posed the question on Twitter to see if any of our listeners did and what class(es) they went with. Be sure to follow the show account, @ShatteredStone, on Twitter for future Questions of the Show.
* As Diablo III matures and new shinies are added to the game there has been a noticeable amount of power creep allowing many players to attain new heights in demon slaying. Is power creep beneficial? Or is it detrimental? Nevik talks about his thoughts and feelings on the subject, but what say you? Let us know your opinions on power creep.
* In case you haven’t yet made the jump to Reaper of Souls and are still running with Chocolate you may have noticed that as of Patch 2.2.1 Myriam decided to make an appearance in town; giving everyone** access to enchanting and transmog for their gear. ** Nevik inadvertently implied this change came to PS3/360 DIII/ROS owners, this is not the case as neither version has received any post-launch support.
* WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your participation can ensure that this fun segment makes an appearance every show. Send your Official Forum Thread Masterpiece Theater audio segments (or humorous forum threads) to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Links for you to Visit:
* It is with heavy hearts that we found out that our good friend, Leviathan, is stepping down from his duties at Blizzpro and as a co-host of the fantastic Westmarch Workshop podcast. We will miss hearing his voice grace the show, but his decision to step down was for all of the right reasons and wish him all the best with his future endeavors.
* Rebjorn79 put together a video demonstrating that there are variations of the Wizard Tal Rasha’s build that are viable at high level Greater Rifts. This variant employs the use of Wave of Force to keep baddies off of his wizard as he teleports around and rains meteors down.
* Looking to hit #1 on the leaderboards? Heisenberg shared the secret to success with his thread How to Get Rank #1 Solo World.
* While Nevik didn’t go deep on the discussion (this week at least) on group play vs solo play, the debate continues to rage on and Flux over at Diablo.IncGamers shared some of his thoughts on it.
* Finally we leave you with a video of Jastrun’s Shadow of Diablo painting; the final product is really impressive, even if the video is … well … all over the place?
* JOHANNA IS HERE! Well, in Heroes of the Storm, that is. AND SHE IS AMAZING! If you’re looking to share your wrath in the Nexus be sure to check out her spotlight video highlighting her kit and playstyle.
* Speaking of Heroes, Smosh Games recently released their Honest Trailer for Heroes of the Storm. It’s quite humorous!
Song of the Show:
It’s a lovefest for Heroes of the Storm and for this episode what better way to celebrate the launch of Heroes than by featuring another one of Dan Bull’s lyrical masterpieces, Heroes of the Storm Rap. You can find more of Dan Bull’s work on YouTube and follow him on Twitter and Facebook.
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.