Hey, look! It’s another episode of Shattered Soulstone! Several attempts were made to record the show during the week of Christmas, but that just didn’t end up working out. The Skype gods smited us, over and over again. We didn’t give up, but we did learn why so many other podcasts chose not to try and record a show during that very busy week.
As usual, we started off by talking about what each of us had been up to in-game. Lantonnio has been playing D3 on console and also working on the ladder in D2. Breja has been “dabbling” in D3 Season 1. Jen has been running more bounties in D3 and working on a few last achievements in Season 1.
In this episode:
* We got a lovely email from Rob, who started his email with “Greetings from the Netherlands!”
* Scanline sent us an awesome little “audio email”.
* You can share your Diablo related thoughts, comments, and questions with us by sending an email to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com
* We read, and respond to, dozens of tweets send in by listeners of the show. Tweets this time came from: @Paidtokill5440, @Sscytheandshield, @xbrokenxfirex, @Jaetch, @Kagerai_Leblue, @Moogyver, @sadromeo, @Rilandune, @grindexp, @JCMonkeyD3, @HomeTownHero008, @Cybrwolf0, @sastewart111, @scanline75, and a couple of tweets from @ShatteredStone. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
Originally, we planned to sing you all a little “Diablo-ed up” Christmas Carol (as our “Song of the Show”). But, then the recording of the show got delayed and it felt kind of late to be singing Christmassy songs after the holiday had ended. The good news is that we have turned the creative lyrics that Lantonnio wrote into contest that all of you can participate in!
Step one: Record yourself singing this “Diablo-ed” up parody of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”:
You know Magda, and butcher, and
Mephisto, and baal,
andariel, and Duriel, and
belial and Azmodan
But do you recall
The most infamous demon of all
Diablo, the blood Horned Demon
had a very blody huge Horn
and if you ever saw it
you would even say it Rors.
All of the other Demons
used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Diablo
play in any of the demonic games.
Then one Evil Christmas eve
Bielsabob came to say:
“Diablo with your Bloody Horn SO BIG,
won’t you Terrorize the world tonight!?”
Then all the Demons Hated him
as they shouted out with Fear,
Diablo the Bloody Horned Demon,
you’ll go down in Misery!
Step Two: Send that recording to the show Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com. Let us know if you want us to play it in an upcoming episode, or if you would prefer to keep that “off the air”. Keep in mind that we want you to record it “acapella”, (which means you don’t need to put any music in the background – just sing!)
Step Three: All of us at Shattered Soulstone will listen to, and evaluate, the entries. Somebody will win the prize of $20.00 in Battle.net. You must send in your entry before the end of January of 2015.
Links for you to Visit:
* Nevalistis notes that patch 2.1.2 PTR will be available through the holidays.
* Tyvalir popped into the Legendary Workshop 2.0 forum thread on Battle.net to say he’s been reading and following it. There’s some really cool ideas in there to check out. Got a good idea of your own? You might want to take a minute to add your thoughts to that forum thread.
* Nevalistis popped into the Trials – Why the GR System is Failing forum thread on Battle.net to say she is “taking notes”. If you have thoughts about the GR System, it may be worth it for you to go over and post those thoughts over there.
* If you missed it over the holidays, take a few seconds to watch Jaetch’s D3 Christmas Video:
* While you are at it, don’t miss Archon’s video funny Diablo parody video “Leave the Group”:
* The Story of Diablo was updated in December. Flip through this storybook, check out the awesome artwork, and get a “crash course” in Diablo lore.
* Patch 2.1.2 PTR Patch Notes got updated on December 8, 2014.
* Associate Game Designer John Yang, Lead Technical Artist Julian Love, and Community Manager Brandy Camel did a Legendary Workshop Lifestream early in December. If you missed it, you can watch the recorded version now.
A New Segment Appears!
In previous episodes, all of us at Shattered Soulstone have gotten a little “off the rails” while we were discussing what we did in game. Of course, we want to share with our listeners what each of us has been doing while playing Diablo, Diablo 2 or Diablo 3.
However, all of us also play games outside of Diablo (Shocking, I know!) and also sometimes watch movies and read books. We figured our listeners do that too, and so, a new segment appears! Towards the end of this episode, and upcoming ones, each of us will take a moment to share what we have been up to in other Blizzard games, and non-Blizzard games, and also briefly talking about what we have been watching or reading.
…Unless, of course, y’all really don’t want to hear that kind of stuff. Let us know if you like it or if we should get rid of this new segment. Your opinions are important to us!
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.