Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, we are joined by a very special guest, Archon the Wizard! After catching up with what Archon has been up to we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Lanntonio cleared Inferno … on the Playstation 3, Nevik inched his wizard closer to paragon 100, Breja came to a realization about his puke doctor, and Jen has been planning and preparing for con-crud.
In this episode:
* We are joined by Archon the Wizard who recently became the 4th chair on Blizzpro’s Twizzcast as their Diablo-guru. Be sure to follow his antics on the Twizzcast as well as his Twitch.TV and YouTube channels.
* We read, and respond to, a solitary email we received from one of our wonderful listeners. This batch comes to us from our good friend Chad. Thank you for the email! Keep them coming, really!
* We received tweets from @Draikking, @HomeTownHero008, @Torrack1714, @Rilandune, and our very own @The_Breja. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* We posed a question on Twitter inquiring what news you all are hoping and/or expecting to hear out of Blizzcon. Be sure to follow our show account, @ShatteredStone, on Twitter for future Questions of the Show.
* Blizzcon is JUST AROUND THE CORNER and we geek out about going to the show and give our own predictions and expectations for the show. Do we think we will hear about a release date? Or a date for the beta? Or whether or not PVP will be mentioned? You’ll just have to listen to find out.
Links for you to Visit:
* We love Twitter and we love hashtags, so why not #hashtag your #hashtags while #hashtaggingyourtags? #HashtagYouLoveIt
* Diablo’s newest community manager, Nevalistis, has produced her first two blogs on the official site. Check out the History of Westmarch and the First-Look Level Design of Westmarch to get hyped for Reaper of Souls.
* The results of the voting for part 1 of the Design-a-Legendary project are in and the winner is … well, you’ll have to listen if you don’t already know; and if you do, you’ll have to listen to hear our take on the results.
* Nevik calls shenanigans on the whole thing, but check out the winners of the Design by Humans Diablo T-Shirt contest anyways. There are some amazing pieces of art that you can now wear … even if none of those designs feature a wizard, or monk.
* We neglected to mention it last episode, but there was indeed a patch for the console versions of Diablo 3 that fixed some bugs and improved stability overall. For the full details, check out the PS3/Xbox 360 patch 1.0.2 notes.
* Flux from Diablo.IncGamers recently interviewed author David Craddock about his newly available eBook, Stay Awhile and Listen, on the latest episode of Diablo.IncGamers’ Diablo podcast. If you’re at all interested in the history of Blizzard Entertainment and how Diablo came to be, we highly recommend giving Craddock’s eBook a read.
* Slashdot sat down with Diablo creators David Brevik and Max Schaefer in a two-part interview to discuss breaking into game design, the history of Diablo, and the current trends in the industry. Part 1 is available here and part 2 should be available by the time this podcast is available.
* Tatasinke is back with another edition of his Paper.li newspaper, the New Tristram News. Check it out and subscribe!
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | Blubrry | RSS