In this episode, I bring you all the news I could find regarding Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard King. There was a lot of stuff to talk about, and I included some of my opinions about it. Towards the end of the show, Shawn (editor of Shattered Soulstone) weighs in with his opinions, and a discussion happens.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- The Wall Street Journal posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard Pushes Out Dozens of Employees Over Workplace Misconduct”.
- The Wall Street Journal posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard’s Workplace Problems Spurred $75 Billion Microsoft Deal”.
- Microsoft posted news titled: “Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone, across every device”
- XboxWire posted an article titled: “Welcoming the Incredible Teams and Legendary Franchises of Activision Blizzard to Microsoft Gaming”.
- The Verge posted an article titled: “Over 30 Activision Blizzard employees have ‘exited’ since July, WSJ reports”
- @Xbox posted a thread on Twitter that starts with: “Today is a historic moment”.
- The Wall Street Journal posted an article titled: “Microsoft to Buy Activision Blizzard in All-Cast Deal Valued at $75 Billion”.
- @ABK posted a thread on Twitter that started with: “The news of Activision’s acquisition by Microsoft is surprising, but does not change the goals of the ABK Worker’s Alliance.”
- Jason Schreier (reporter for Bloomberg) posted a tweet with a screenshot of Bobby Kotick’s email to staff.
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Head of Microsoft Says He’s ‘Grateful’ for Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick’s ‘Commitment to Real Change’.
- ABC News posted an article titled: “Microsoft to acquire gaming giant Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion”.
- The New York Times posted an article titled: “Microsoft will buy Activision Blizzard, betting $70 billion on the future of games”.
- IGN posted an article titled: “Update: Bobby Kotick’s Future at Activision Blizzard After Xbox Acquisition Remains Unconfirmed”.
- CODE-CWA posted a thread on Twitter about their thoughts regarding the acquisition.
- Windows Central posted an editorial titled: “Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard: What this means for Xbox and gamers in general”.
- Forbes posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard CEO Kotick Reportedly Leaving Company After Microsoft Deal Closes”
- Polygon posted an article titled: “Labor Organizers say Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard won’t stop them”.
- CNBC posted an article titled: “Sony shares tank over 12% after Microsoft and Activision’s $68.7 billion”.
- Wowhead posted an article titled: “GamesBeat Interview with Bobby Kotick Explains Motives for Selling Activision Blizzard to Microsoft”.
- The Washington Post posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard CEO addresses employees on layoffs, potential departure in ‘fireside chat'”.
- Activision posted an update on the Call of Duty website titled: “Update: An Ongoing Commitment to Improving Your Gameplay Experience”.
- Blizzard posted news (written by Mike Ybarra) titled: “Putting our teams and players at the forefront of everything we do.”
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 25 playlist (work in progress)
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I don’t stream very often.)
You can listen to Shattered Soulstone on Warcraft Radio – and submit a review there.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.