In this episode, I review everything happening in regards to the unionizing efforts at Activision Blizzard. In short, when a company starts trying scare tactics in order to prevent its workers from unionizing – it shows the company is afraid. I hope the workers get their union as soon as possible.
I also talked about patch notes for Diablo II: Resurrected, and pointed you towards creativity from the Diablo community.
Things mentioned in this episode:
- @ABetterABK tweeted about the #WeAreRaven walkout.
- Rock Paper Shotgun posted an article titled: “More Activision Blizzard QA staff are walking out in second day of protest.
- The Washington Post posted an article titled: “At Least 200 Activision Blizzard workers join walkout in protest of layoffs”
- Attorney Lisa Bloom held press conference in front of Blizzard’s headquarters.
- The Orange County Register posted an article titled: “Blizzard employee recounts sexual harassment, demotion at Irvine game publisher”
- Attorney Lisa Bloom posted a video of the press conference on Instagram.
- @ABetterABK tweeted a thread clarifying what happened to members of Raven QA and a demand for changes.
- PC Gamer posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard employees announce formal strike, launch fundraiser to support work stoppage”.
- The Washington Post posted an article titled: “Activision Blizzard tells employees it can improve culture without a union”.
- Axios posted an article titled: “Organizers slam Activision Blizzard for “union busting”.
- Wowhead posted an article titled: “Call of Duty Devs Walkout After Surprise Layoffs at Activision Blizzard’s Raven Software”.
- @CODE_CWA tweeted a thread regarding Activision Blizzard choosing to use anti-union talking points.
- NPR posted an article titled: “Embattled Activision Blizzard employees: ‘consider the consequences’ of unionizing”
- @BlizzJess posted a screenshot of an internal memo from Brian Bulatao in which he tries to scare workers away from joining a union.
- Bloomberg Law posted an article titled: “Activision Avoids California Bid to Intervene in Settlement (1)”.
- @_TechJess (formerly @BlizzJess) posted a screenshot of a message from Julie Hodges to managers.
- The Gamer posted an article titled: “A Message From Activision To Employees If Activision Was Honest”. (Satire)
- Kotaku posted an article titled: “Activision Exec To Organizing Workers: Pwease Don’t Unionize”.
- @_TechJess tweeted that she has separated from the GoFundMe.
- @BrendanSinclair tweeted about Activision Blizzard 2021 Representation Report erasing non-binary people.
- Activision Blizzard posted a 2021 Representation Data report. It mentions non-binary people, but does not include them in the actual statistics.
- @ABetterUbisoft tweeted about developers in Ubisoft in France creating a virtual ‘union’ called “Ubifree”.
- Blizzard has a job opening for a technical artist for unannounced project in Irvine.
- Blizzard has a job opening for a Senior Manager, Editorial, Global Communications.
- Polygon posted an article “North America has its first video game union at Vodeo Games”
- @vodeoworkers tweeted an announcement that they have formed Vodeo Workers United with @CODE_CWA.
- @Diablo tweeted: “Prepare For Hell’s Gifts”.
- Bluddshed posted a YouTube video titled: “Easy Puzzle Rings | Easy Gems Season 25 Guide Diablo 3 Patch Build 2.7.2 Reaper of Souls”.
- BigDaddyDen posted a YouTube video titled: “Diablo 3 WD S25 Arachyr Corpse Spiders Gr Solo Build 2.7.2”
- Maxroll has a Season 25 Solo Tier List.
- Zenkiki posted a YouTube video titled: “Diablo 3 Season 25 Guide – Pets & Portraits!”
- @Diablo tweeted: “Show us your #DiabloFanArt”. There is a long thread of amazing art.
- @Diablo tweeted: a Christmas card that says “Jingle All The Slay”
- @Diablo tweeted a short GIF where a Necromancer summons… a Christmas gift.
- @Diablo tweeted a view of a Diablo II: Resurrected stash and asked “Am I doing this right?”
- @Diablo tweeted a Christmas card that says “Season’s Bleedings” and includes a demonic looking Barbarian.
- Blizzard posted “Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Highlights | Coming Soon”.
- Maxroll posted “Patch 2.4 Highlights”.
- Carbot Animations posted a YouTube video titled: “Assassin Skill Changes Diablo 2 |IdBeCoolif”
- r/Diablo posted “Everything We Know About Diablo 4 So Far”.
Where to find Jen’s Diablo Content Creation:
- Shattered Soulstone T-shirts now available on Jen’s Redbubble!
- Book of Jen website: Diablo gameplay videos
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo III Season 24 playlist
- Book of Jen YouTube: Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha playlist
- Twitch @BarbarianKobold (NOTE: I don’t stream very often.)
You can listen to Shattered Soulstone on Warcraft Radio – and submit a review there.
Got something to say? Send a tweet to @ShatteredStone or message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/shatteredsoulstone and we will read it off in the next episode.
You can now, once again, send email to the Shattered Soulstone podcast! Send your comment, question, or game-play story to email@example.com.
The Shattered Soulstone is on Discord! Come join us and talk to everyone in game and out, in voice and text channels! To join the server just go to https://discord.gg/kc77JXz.