Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, things are flipped upside down as summer has played havoc with everyone’s schedules. After lamenting the lack of game-time from the majority of the crew we get down to business by discussing what some of us have been up to in-game and out-of-game: Nevik has been to the land of Disney, Jen hot on the heels of dodging planes has been dodging jury duty, Lanntonio is preparing for a move, and Breja provides the meat by playing his demon hunter.
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, an email we received from our wonderful listener, Commander Bird, that we haven’t heard from in quite some time. Thank you for the email! Keep them coming, really!
* We received tweets from @Rilandune, @HomeTownHero008 and @Torrack1714. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* Blizzard has been spreading some developer interview love to a couple of fansites out there. Be sure to check out Blizzpro’s Twizzcast interview with Josh Mosqueira, Wyatt Cheng, and Travis Day as well as Diablo.IncGamer’s interview (Part 1, Part 2) with Josh and Wyatt.
Links for you to Visit:
* It’s summer, so it is only appropriate to listen to Summer Time by Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff on repeat. You’re welcome.
* If you’ve been holding out on reading the Diablo novels simply because you weren’t sure of the chronological order to them, fear no more! Vaeflare responded in a thread on the official forums detailing the order in which you would want to pick up and read the novels.
* Back in March, Senior Technical Designer Wyatt Cheng gave a presentation, “Through the Grinder: Refining Diablo III’s Game Systems“, at the 2013 Game Developer’s Conference held in San Francisco. We highly recommend that you check it out as it gives a lot of insight into the iterative design process that the Diablo III team employs.
* Blizzard is always looking for feedback from their fans on their thoughts of the game and what improvements they would like to see. Community manager Grimiku recently posted the Community Commetary blog: That Takes Skill seeking input on skills and runes, especially those under-used and under-powered skills and runes. Be sure to add your feedback on the skill/rune improvements you would like to see!
Song of the Show:
We have a treat for you with this episode’s song of the show, Tristram by Systek is a magnicificent dub-chill song that will hit on all of your Diablo II nostalgia and will be released in the very near future (stay tuned) for everyone to enjoy. Check out more work by Systek over at SoundCloud and YouTube as well as follow him on Facebook and Twitter.
As a bonus, (considering Tristram by Systek is not yet on YouTube) we are including Systek’s Let’s Kill the King which is another fantastic piece of music. Hope you enjoy it, and thank you for checking out our show notes #highfive!
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.