Show notes originally posted by Nevik
In this episode, we celebrate our very own Jen’s IRL Level Up Day and then we get down to business by discussing what we’ve been up to in-game: Jen is inching closer to the Skeleton King in Nightmare with her launch night demon hunter, Lanntonio has been hunting for Leoric’s Signet, Breja used the power of an Orange Pet to get his monk to 60, and Nevik mourns the loss of his solo, self-found, no auction house hardcore wizard.
In this episode:
* We read, and respond to, a couple of emails we received from our wonderful listeners. This batch comes to us from Str8UpJack and Master Do. Thank you for the email! Keep them coming, really!
* We received tweets from @HomeTownHero008, @scanline75, @Rilandune, @JCMonkeyD3, @ecwctechguy, @CodyGreeson, @Healzonwheelz, and @Torrack1714. Thank you for your tweets. Don’t forget that you, too, can send in your thoughts via social media outlets such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
* In honor of Diablo 3 turning one year old a lot of artists put together some amazing pieces of art, and Blizzard compiled a blog post highlighting all of them! We highly, highly suggest you head on over and check out all of the art!
* If you were a fan of the Book of Cain – which we talked about in episode 6 – we recently found out that Insight Editions is hard at work at putting the final touches on a follow-up of sorts, the Book of Tyrael. Expect this 148 page book of expanded lore to drop sometime in October, that is if, of course, it isn’t delayed.
* Are you a comic book fan? Did you have the foresight to make preparations immediately following the conclusion of Comic-Con 2012 and will be attending Comic-Con 2013? Surprise! Blizzard will have a presence at San Diego Comic-Con 2013 (running July 18th through the 21st) and will have exclusive swag for you to snag.
* We have a GAME DIRECTOR! We repeat, we HAVE a GAME DIRECTOR! Josh Mosquiera will taking the reigns behind the third installment of this amazing franchise, and he had a message for all of us! We’re behind you Josh, and we hope you’re a HUGE fan of the wizard!
* Our dear friend from France, Master Do, shared with us his little Lego “Demon Hunters”. Thank you Master Do for being such an inspiration! And don’t forget to submit a comment to this episode with your caption for Master Do’s Demon Hunter Ambivalence!
Links for you to Visit:
* Logical FilmsPR decided to put together a fan film based on the worst class in the game, errr we mean the Puke Doctor! Alright, alright … the Witch Doctor! Check it out, it’s pretty cool!
* If you aren’t getting enough puke action in your Diablo 3 game-time, ChromeOnRust shared a video highlighting a build he is using that is fairly MP10-viable, the BatDog!
* In case you’re not a fan of the puke doctor (like Nevik) then maybe you’re looking for a fun wizard build that has a very specific theme. Behold the NINJA WIZARD! Jaetch decided that his secondary wizard wasn’t getting enough love and put together this themed build for fun-sies.
Song of the Show:
You’ll notice that following the close of our show there was a piece of amazing music. For our very first “song of the show” Nevik decided to share with you the amazing “Serious Danger” by A_Rival (@8bitpimp) from his brand new album TRUTHCANNON. If you like what you hear, then buy the entire album (you can preview the entire thing beforehand if you wish) and check out his older work too!
Have a Diablo III related comment, question, story, or rant that you’d like to share with all of us? Send your email, or short audio comment, to Show@ShatteredSoulstone.com.